Supplementary Seasonal Employer Work Visa

Supplementary Seasonal Employer Work Visa

M A Orchards may only recruit foreign workers who are in New Zealand and hold SSE work visas to fill these positions. If a person you wish to employ does not already hold a SSE work visa, you may provide them with a job offer to allow them to apply for a SSE work visa. They must obtain a SSE work visa before they begin working for you.

Please note this is only for workers who are already in New Zealand. We cannot offer employment to prospective workers who are overseas.

Applying for an SSE work visa

Prospective workers who wish to be considered for recruitment need to apply for a SSE work visa by submitting the correct application form, fee, and immigration levy to the nearest office of Immigration New Zealand. They must:

  • be aged 18 years or older
  • hold a return ticket to their home country or have sufficient funds to purchase a ticket
  • provide evidence of having a genuine intention to work for an SSE-approved employer in the horticulture and viticulture industries, which may include (but not limited to):
  1. A job offer from an SSE-approved employer;
  2. Arrangements for travel to or accommodation in regions where SSE employers are located
  3. Evidence of the horticulture and viticulture work they intend to complete, such as information on SSE employers, crops and regions or a harvest trail plan
  4. Correspondence with the relevant region’s seasonal coordinators to obtain information on SSE employers; or
  5. Evidence of contact with SSE employers whose details are available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
  • not have previously held a work visa under the Transitioning to Recognised Seasonal Employer (TRSE) or SSE instructions; and
  • not have held any type of work visa since their most recent entry to New Zealand
Granting an SSE work visa

Please note that this approval in principle does not guarantee that the applicant you select will automatically be granted a work visa. The work visa is granted by the Immigration New Zealand office that considers the application. That office makes the final decision about whether the applicant may be granted a work visa.

Note, SSE work visas will only be approved where the immigration officer is satisfied that the applicant has a genuine intention to work for a SSE-approved employer.

How to get horticulture and viticulture work

There are a number of ways that people with an SSE visa can get into horticulture and viticulture work.

You could be employed by either:

an employer with an approved SSE Approval in Principle (AIP)
a Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) with an approved Agreement to Recruit (ATR), where places haven't been filled by RSE workers, or
any employer into a role, region and during a period of time that's specified by us (see the list of roles and regions below).

What you need to work in New Zealand

If you are not a New Zealand citizen you need a Work Visa. Before applying for a job with us make sure you have completed all the Visa requirements.